JSS Medical College, Mysore
Library & Information Centre
The `Library and Information centre` in the J.S.S Medical College was established in the year 1984-85 with a sole purpose to quench the thirst of knowledge and to fulfill the concerned needs of both the faculty and the students.
The central library is located in the first floor of the main building, which is spread in an area of 14,167 sq ft. This building is divided into different sections like Reference Section, Periodicals, Computer, Audio-visual Section and General Reading Room.
The hospital library is an extension of the college library and it was established in the year 1997 for the benefit of clinical faculties, post Graduate students and house surgeons. The library has in its store a tremendous collection of about 15,460 volumes. Added to this the collection includes the back volumes of Periodicals, Video cassettes and 35 mm Slides etc. The collection also comprises of Medical Reference Books, Textbooks, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Technical Reports, Thesis Works and Dissertation Reports and many other books on General Reading.
Books and CD-Rom databases:
The library is subscribing for 195 journals (92 foreign, 103 Indian) of medical science that are systematically displayed in the Journal Section.
Library working hours:
Monday to Saturday: 9 am to 9.00 pm
Sunday: 9 am to 2.00 pm (One month prior to the examinations as well during the examinations the library timing is extended up to 11 pm.)
- Our library is meant only for reference sake and the staff members alone can get the loan facilities for the publication purposes.
- The bibliographies in the respective subjects are provided on request.
- Inter-Library loan facilities are also offered. We extend our services to the other medical institutions and private practitioners on request.
- SC/ST book bank scheme is available.
- Full text articles are provided on request by procuring from different libraries.
- The other facilities available are: Internet surfing, Zerox service, CD-ROM Medline Database service, Videocassettes, Thesis and Dissertation Works, Reprography and General Information Unit.
- Medline Database (Abstacting Services)
- Access to electronic journals through Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (600 Full Text Journals)
JSS Dental College, Mysore
The structural area of the library building covers a wide and spacious area of about 13000 Sq. Ft.
The library sections:
1. Reference Section
The reference section of the library has a capacity to seat 300 candidates and has in its store totally 6386 books.
2. Journal section
The journal section has the capacity to seat 60 candidates and has subscribed for 112 journals for the year 2008. Of these, the number of Indian journals subscribed is 20, the foreign journals are 82 and miscellaneous are around 10.
The total number of back volumes subscribed for the library is 2023. Of these, the number of foreign journals is 1608, Indian journals are 322 and miscellaneous are around 93.
3. Audio Visual Cassettes Section
This section seats 40 candidates and the total number of video cassettes available is 34 and the total number of computer discs available is 252. These things facilitate the students working as an effective audio visual education system.
4. Computer and Internet Section
Along with the audio visual cassette section computer and internet facilities are also provided.
This section of the library has subscribed 12 news papers and 20 magazines and internet facility.
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Library General Rules:
- Identity card to be produced for verification, whenever requested by the library staff
- No personal belongings are allowed inside the library
- Strict silence and discipline must be observed in and around the library premises
- No person shall write upon, damage any book/furniture/property of the library
- In case of loss of books/missing pages/damage of books, double/triple/multiple amount of the current rate of the book will be collected from the concerned student/staff
- Same book or same title will not be renewed in succession
- The Librarian may recall back any book/material borrowed at any time if necessary
- Lending of books from the lending section will be stopped one week before the final exams
- Every member should obtain a “No dues certificate” from the library at the end of every academic year
JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
Library being one of the very important organ of educational system and it is the centre of all activities in the campus. Situated in an easily accessible place, it covers 4100 sq. ft. and occupies two sections of the references/ technical and lending section.
Total No.of books :9563
- No. of Books added during the 2005 - 06 :269
- No. of Books added during the 2006 - 07 :378
- No. of Books added during the 2007 - 08 :458
- No. of Books added during the 2008 - 09 :370
- No. of Books added in the current year :59
Total No. of Technical Journals
- International Journals :19
- Indian Journals :76
- No. of Indian Journals added in the current year : 08
- No. Of International Journals added in the current year: 10
- Total No. of Non Technical Journals/Magazines : 10
- Total No. of News Papers : 14
- Total No. of Project Reports : 1371
- Total No. of Journals Back Volumes : 2111
- Total No. of Audio - Video Materials : 63
DATA BASE: Developing Library Network (DELNET)
INFORMATION SERVICE & CD - ROM
- Reprographic Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Online Service
- Reference Service
- E -Mail Reference
- Question Papers
- Internet Facility
- News Clipping Services
Total No. of Technical News Clipping : 255
Total No. General News Clipping : 190
- Total NO. Of Books Classified : 9300
- Total No. of Books Non Classified : 263
- Total NO. Of Books Cataloguing : 9300
- Total NO. Of Books Non - Cataloguing : 263
CD - ROM INFORMATION FACILITY
The library and information centre also provides CD - ROM information facilities to students and faculty members. The facilities provide more than adequate database for literature survey to be carries out by the students.
- IPA :1970 to 2006
- Medline :1970 to 2000
- Com. Heterocyclic Chemistry :Vol. 1 & 2
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Drugs & Biological :2000
- Harrison`s Mosby`s Medical Encyclopedia
- British Pharmacopoeia with CD 2005
- USP (United states Pharmacopoeia) with CD :2006
- European Pharmacopoeia with CD :2005 - 07
- International Pharmacopoeia :2006
- Ayurveda Pharmacopoeia :1999
- British Pharmacopoeia with CD :2005 -2009
- USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) with CD :2006 -2009
- European Pharmacopoeia with CD :2005-07
- International Pharmacopoeia :2006
- Ayurveda Pharmacopoeia :1999
- Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index :2007
- Drug Facts & Comparison :2009
- Information Services: CD-ROM, Reprographic Service, Current awareness Service, Online Service, Reference Service, E-mail Service,Dissertation, Question Bank and Internet Facilities.